Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day Four

We found a place to sleep in a cabin in a state park. This guy came in at 5 am and talked to my mom he woke my mom and brother (I was sound asleep). The guy who checked us in the night before made a mistake and they wanted to charge us double the amount they charged. Dad talked with them and they did not charge us. We left to go find breakfast. We came to this Pancake house and the waitress named Chantel. She came from a place near Pioneer Village were Maureen's mom lived and she knew Maureen's Mom. Small world!

Then we went to Wounded Knee burial ground. It was kind of sad. We got to go into a gift shop and I got a beautiful necklace. We were in a Native American Reserve.

Then we went to the Badlands and it was amazing. I...I...I can't even explain it. That is a definite must see. Just wait until you see it. I loved the northern route. It was so amazing. We even went off trail all but my mom and we saw a beautiful view. It was wow.

We went to the Rock Shed. That was a place that I got my rock tumbler. I gave the woman one of the rocks I made. She liked it.

Then we went to Mt. Rushmore. To see the light show and we did. Then we went to a trail under Mt. Rushmore.

No comments: