Monday, June 11, 2007

Day Two and Three


We start our day with the Henry Doorley Zoo. We went to 4 exhibits The Desert, The night time one (can't think of the name), The Aquarium (that one was AWSOME!!!!), and The Jungle (the monkeys were cute). These were recommended by a friend of mine Maureen Carruthers oh and J Simmons. I also recommend those especially the Aquarium.

After that we went to the Great Arch. it was a walk through tour. You wore headphones and walked stop listen then walk again, it's easy. It was very educational. Any teachers reading perfect field trip. I liked it. We even met Maureen's teacher.

As we were going to the campsite we went to see if this place had any veggie patties and they didn't and they said that the Arbys had a chicken salad and we were like yeah that helps a hole lot...NOT.

There was a big storm coming so we decided not to camp. The storm really scared me because I thought a tornado might come. I always do. Just before we left Judy a woman who is renting our house. Gave us a jade Oxen to keep us safe. Well we were driving fast and as soon as we turn the corner deer come in front of the car. My dad hit the brake and we slowed down to a stop just in front of the deer. When the last one ran by us I could have sworn he skimed the front of the car. It was amazing, but scary.

We than went to Carhenge at 10. It was late at night and the lightning gave it a ghostly glow for the few seconds we could see it like that. We were technically trespassing since it closed at ten and we were there at 10:15 at least.Today we started with House on the the Rock and oh...my...gosh...that was my first reaction to the third tour's first room. It was the carousal room it was beautiful I can't evan describe it. the hole thing was just wow.
This is just a note for if you go there, evan if you don't have to go look into the restrooms, they are amazing. There are three tours the first tour takes you to the infinity room were you are in this glass room and you can look down in one section but from there and beyond you cant stand because it has nothing supporting you I mean too much weight and it can collapse. the second tour takes you to an ice-cream shop (I recommend the Blue Moon ice-cream). The third tour takes you to the carousal. All of them are beautiful and tastey. There are two cafes a pizza place and a little restaurant. I recommend the little restaurant. It was cool.

Then we went to Field of Dreams. I played catch with my dad and brother. I love doing that. We were playing catch and the sprinklers went off, but they weren't on us.

Then we headed to Omaha.

2 comments:

Lizthefair said...

Yay Omaha!!!

When you get to the arch, remember to tell the Mountain Man at the entrance hello from me.

Lucie Carruthers said...

Hi!
I'm Maureen's mom. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Nebraska. Visiting other states certainly can give you a small idea of just how big and diverse this country is. It is hard to believe that the mountain man is Maureen's former teacher. Now my nephew, Maureen's 18-year-old cousin, has him for a teacher. Pretty soon he will be as old as he looks!

I am glad you went to the Henry Dorley Zoo. It is such an awesome place. I think the place you described as being dark was called Creatures of the Night. I did not like the snakes! The Aquarium is also my favorite place.

I enjoyed reading your blog.
Lucie Carruthers